Translate

Monday 5 January 2015

This War of Mine

 What can I say about this amazing game, well, it is amazing and I bloody love it, I don't care if this doesn't seem professional I am going to do a review about this gem of a game.

First of all, it takes a great deal of courage to do a game like this, now I know war games have been done before but remember, War is a touchy subject by any means for obvious reasons and instead of doing another glorified bullet fest of a CoD game. 11 bit studios took the high road and made a game of gritty and desperate survival where you aren't playing as a one man army but as a group of normal people trying to survive.

The game will hit you emotionally and it will tug at your heart strings because it is a very dark and gritty game as war is but, I would almost say it is within a safe zone. They have pushed it to a point of realistic but... I feel there could be a little more to make you more attached. Bare in mind I have yet to unlock all of the stories in the game but as far as I know, there isn't a way for you to create your own survivor which I would love to see in the game, make it more personal.

In the game, you will be scavenging and defending your shelter by night against other survivors trying to survive and during the day you will be building new constructs to be able to improve your shelter and produce a lot of different items you will need to survive.

The game is incredibly difficult and challenging as you would expect, this game is very true to what a good survival game should be, and the war time setting with how desperate both you and the NPCs become, it is a match made in Heaven and it is my favorite game of this year.

Some people will complain about the simplistic point and click style of gameplay and honesty, I love that about the game, the game isn't about being a one man army, it isn't a glorified war game, it is a gritty, dark and down right depressing almost war game where you will do whatever and I do mean, whatever it takes to survive and make sure your survivors survive.

I could talk and write about this game forever but I would go into spoilers by accident and I don't want to do that so do yourselves a favor, get the game and experience one of the best games ever made in my own opinion.

I'm agreeing with the steam rating, I am giving this game a solid and worthy 10/10, it is a must buy and a must play.You know what, I'd say it needs a little more, borrowing a little from AngryJoe here, I am giving this game a seal of legendary status because it is a legendary game now go out and play the damn thing will you!

No comments:

Post a Comment