Translate

Wednesday 31 December 2014

Starbound

 Hello all and welcome to my very happy review of Starbound, currently still in Beta I believe with the latest version as of the posting of this review being Enraged Koala.

So what can I say about Starbound, well it's an  Indie game developed by UK based company named Chucklefish, as far as I am aware, Starbound is their latest game and I must admit, it is brilliantly made and a game I have spent as of this review 23 hours playing the game as my custom character Ace the Avian. I am not that original with names when I cannot come up with a story.

Speaking about the Races, there are several Races currently within the game with another Race planned. The Races are currently Humans, Apex, Avian, Glitch, Florian and Hyotil (I cannot spell that to save my life.)

Each Race is unique and has a set personality and history which, depending on which Race you pick for your character, you will get a couple of Codex entries about this.

I am partial to the Avians.

As of the latest version during the time of this review, I would say the game isn't complete, evident by it still being a Beta which, doesn't actually make me worry, it makes me excited as I am already loving Starbound thus far and I cannot wait to see what the finished game would be like, and I am especially excited at the prospect of playing as the planned Race Novakid.

You can pick it up on Steam from around £10-20 and it is definitely worth every penny I couldn't praise this game enough and I couldn't recommend it high enough,.

Word of warning though, due to it being a Beta when it is updated you will lose your progress across all characters but then again, for the game being in only a Beta stage, I don't really mind, considering the game will keep you coming back as a different character of the same Race or different.

Anyway guys, this has been OniOfTaint and this has been my review on my current favorite game, Starbound with a score of 9/10, it would of been a 10 but it is a Beta and thus, I cannot give it a 10. So, have a good day and hopefully, I'll see you among the stars, sayonara.

No comments:

Post a Comment