Translate

Friday 26 December 2014

Banished

 A merry Christmas to you all and welcome back to my game reviews. Today I am covering a game I am having a very good time playing with my new laptop and I'll be covering a lot more games hopefully.

So, what can I say about Banished, well, I class Banished in the same category as I do Outlast, it is a gem from the Indie scene and the reason why I class it as a gem is for a couple of reasons.

It is a very good city-management and building game right off the bat, the way you build and grow your city from a couple of banished families to a much larger and thriving community.

All the options for building are open to you from the very beginning but it is up to you to decide when you wish to build them and how many people will be working there because at the beginning of the game, you will only have a few adults to be able to work.

On the subject of the population, you will need to make sure they have everything they need ranging from food to tools and clothes, it is very in-depth with how you can manage your population and keep them happy, especially in early game when everything is tense and that tension may get easier as the game goes on, but it is never gone.

I, myself have gotten to year 3 and 4 and because I wasn't keep an eye on my populations growth, I was losing food and without a Blacksmith or a Mine, they were running out of tools making getting food harder than it should of been.

In any aspect, if you love city-building games you will love Banished and I highly recommend it. All in all I give Banished a 9/9, the only way this game would of been better would be if you could ascend through the ages and not just stay in Medieval but as it is, Banished is brilliant. If you haven't gotten Banished yet, you are missing out so go get it, NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment