Translate

Monday 15 December 2014

Game Topics 1

Hello, I know this is normally a review blog but I've been seeing and hearing many different things about what games should and shouldn't have within them and while I am against censorship, I do understand why it can be needed.

An quote from one of the creators of the TV show South Park Matt Stone. He said that he didn't agree with the way it was censored internationally and to be honest, I can agree and disagree with it for a couple of reasons.

The first reason shouldn't be any surprise is because it is South Park, that is the reason. Anyone who has seen South Park will get an idea instantly as to why the game would be censored by other countries for certain reasons.

This game contains everything from swearing to an abortion mini-game some people are not going to be okay with this and not to mention the rest of what South Park does.

Now, talking as someone who doesn't agree with censorship, I look at it like this "Either it's all okay to write about, or it isn't." now, I know this may be flawed to some people but it is just how I am, now, I am not saying just put it in for no reason, I do believe in having it there for a reason or at least. make it make sense.

Now, I must admit. Anyone who has seen South Park knows what to expect, they know what to expect from the creators and from the game itself because it's going to follow or embrace what South Park is all about.

Continuing on, there was a quote from one of the creators of South Park saying that they have never created an episode that they couldn't defend and stand behind. Which, I would expect any creator of... anything really. I would expect any creator to defend what they have created against anyone and everyone because, everything is going to be disagreeing with it.

Now, I have played South Park the Stick of Truth on the PC and I have seen what is censored in the console releases of the game. And I will admit, I do understand why it may be censored but then again, we are people with our own thoughts and ideas and if people are going to be offended by this, then they shouldn't buy it.

That may be a stupid idea but it is just my opinion, this game is like playing an episode of South Park, and people who like South Park know what it is going to contain or at least, have an idea about what it will contain.

Now, I know I may of ranted on and gotten off point but I do want to hear from people who have an opinion on this topic. This has been OniOfTaint and this has been my opinion on censorship within South Park the Stick of Truth. Sayonara.

No comments:

Post a Comment