Translate

Saturday 1 November 2014

Titanfall

 Titanfall, what am I to say about Titanfall. Well, I'll start with some of the things I enjoy about the game. For what the game is which is pretty much a FPS MMO for consoles, it is actually pretty well done.

The game's multi-player in my mind is what this game was made for, it was made to be an online, multi-player game and it shows me pretty well. The game play is smooth and it rarely lags but I will admit, I have had my own lag spikes in the game and it can be annoying.

It reminds me of Quake Wars while a while ago but without the single player mode for the story, which is actually one my biggest issues with the game. The game actually doe have a campaign mode but unlike Quake or Brink, the game's campaign isn't really a campaign and it doesn't feel like a story mode.

The game's story I have no clue how it works or what comes first because there isn't a set advancement system for the campaign mode, you enter the lobby, you wait for players and the play a random mission as either IMC or Militia and I find it very disappointing that they didn't include a single player mode for the sake of story.

Now onto the multi-player issues, one of my biggest issues comes from the gamemode Frontier Defence, it's a featured game mode and won't be around for ever but, one of the enemies in it are Suicide Spectres (Robots) and they make no noise when they run, none.

It is VERY annoying when you're in a position and you're trying to defend the Harvester and suddenly you die because a silent Suicide Spectre ran up behind you and exploded, more than often, I have found myself annoyed by it.

Personal note, I like Titanfall and it does have it's pro's and con's like all games but while I do enjoy it and will continue to play the game, I am very disappointed by it in the aspects I have mentioned and more.

I would give Titan fall a 5/10 because it is a good game, the gameplay is smooth, the graphics are good but there are areas of the game where, if you are like me, it will disappoint you.

Anyway, this has been OniOfTaint and this has been my review on Titanfall, have a good Saturday and as always, sayonara.

No comments:

Post a Comment