Translate

Wednesday 12 November 2014

Five Night's At Freddy's 2 (Revisited)

 Hello again readers, tonight I thought we'd revisit FNAF2 (Five Nights At Freddy's 2) the reason I want to revisit the game is because I recently saw the demo of the game played by one of, if not my favourite YouTuber Markiplier.

Now, I say demo loosely as I do believe the public demo is yet to be released but never the less, I wanted to revisit this game as I could only give ideas and speculations in my last post by it.

Five Nights At Freddy's from what I hear has come under fire as a "jump scare barrage" I would just like to clear a little something up. Five Nights At Freddy's in my mind, this is purely my own opinion. The game sets you alone, you cannot move more to the point, you cannot escape. Your only hope is to survive against a relentless cast of synthetic characters.

Now, Five Nights At Freddy's the first one was called and praised as one of the best horror games of it's time and possibly all time... this is because of a certain reason. First off, Horror when it comes to popularity is almost in the same boat as comedy. What is funny for one person is not going to be funny for someone else, same with horror.

Markiplier stated in a video that he has a fear of machines that try to mimic a Human like appearance, such as the Working Joes in Alien Isolation.

Gajin Goomba as well, sated he couldn't play the game for too long due to a fear from his childhood coming up.

This is what I mean, there will always be something that will scare someone more than someone else, I, myself as a child had an extreme fear of the dark, I could swear I could hear things and see things in the dark that terrified me and to this day, I still have this fear but it isn't as strong as it used to be. There is also the fact I am not used to playing Horror games. I have played Survival games and Stealth games along with Zombie games but never a proper, heavily focused Horror Game.

I have done and are continuing to do a Playlist on Slender the 9 Pages. Slenderman is a Creepy Pasta character that has come under some very heavy fire from various people and I will discuss this in a later blog post possibly.

Fear affects people differently, and if you take someone who could barely play FNAF like Gajin Goomba and you put them in the sequel where you have the 2.0 versions of the cast along with the originals coming after you. No doors to lock to keep you safe even for a few seconds, and that your only place to hide is in the very thing that was the tool for your demise in the first one, you can imagine what would happen.

Apologies that I have gotten off topic but I've gotten it out of my system but now back to the game. As I mentioned earlier, the original cast are still in the game along with the 2.0 versions. that's 8 machines now, Freddy, Freddy 2.0, Chica, Chica 2.0, Bonnie, Bonnie 2.0, Foxy and The Mangle. Now, there is also Golden Freddy who, as far as I know, is hinted at in the game and does seem to appear but rarely.

The Puppet, something I like and dislike for different reasons, the reason I dislike it is because if it comes into your office, you are dead. No way to hide, the only other character who seems to be able to do this is as you would expect, Foxy from the original cast. The way these two characters work is different however, and this is where I LOVE the idea of The Puppet but I can understand where people will hate it.

In the game, you will be attacked by the cast of characters both old and new and The Puppet is an instant kill. How you do stop The Puppet from killing you, playing a music box in the Prize Corner room, if that music box runs out, you are dead, that is it.

As the game progresses, it gets more and more difficult, meaning, it becomes more and more stressful and combining that with needing to keep the music box playing so The Puppet stays asleep or rather distracted, than it is beautifully done, it can become stressful and it can become something of a rage fuel but, so is the game.

Now, there's the inclusion of the character Balloon Boy, I'm a little bit split on Balloon Boy, it doesn't kill you and serves to purely hassle you and cause you to be unable to turn on your flashlight, which gives the other characters time to move around mess up your plans and throw you off your game. I love it, not to mention when he's visible in your office he comes out with a very creepy "Hello".

Anyway, I've got a headache and I'm not feeling too well so I will stop rambling and put a link in the description to the FNAF playlist by Markiplier, if he does a playlist for the sequel I'll post that in too later if he doesn't have one already.

Anyway, take care guys and if you have the chance, I highly recommend Five Nights At Freddy's 1 and 2. Have a goodnight, this has been OniOfTaint and I bid you all, sayonara.

Markiplier FNAF1&2 playlist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOztnsBPrAA&list=PL3tRBEVW0hiDL09lO0xjKEix84OY27xet

No comments:

Post a Comment