Translate

Thursday 18 September 2014

Warframe (Xbox One Edition)

 Chances are if you're an Xbox One owner you've seen and played this free game. Like some of the games that are coming over to Xbox and the Playstation, Warframe started off as a PC title, for clarity and clarity only, I will be reviewing the Xbox One edition of Warframe.

Now, what can I say about Warframe, well as an admitted newcomer to the game and a lover of the Sci-Fi genre, my hopes were high for this game when I saw the setting. Honestly, those expectations were met, Warframe started off with an interesting prologue, immediatly introducing you to the first boss of the game, one of the Griner.

However, this is where I started to lose interest story wise, as I have mentioned in my previous reviews, I love a game with a good and gripping story. Warframe just doesn't have that, I could say this is because it was an MMO style PC game originally but that would just be making excuses honestly.

Warframe takes me back to my childhood where I used to (and still do) play the hack and slash games of Dynasty and Samurai Warriors. When I started playing Warframe, I immediately got that old, childhood thrill but it went away when the introduction of firearms was added, the melee weapons are pretty good to use and deflecting incoming fire with them, is pretty cool. However, the lack of attacks for you to use while in Melee Mode is the cause of me losing my enjoyment of using them, the firearms as well in that regard, they all just feel the same to me, no weapon feels unique.

I know this most likely sounds like I am hating on Warframe but I'm not, it does have it's good qualities like all games. Warframe to me reminds of games like Left 4 Dead and Operation Raccoon City (an underrated Resident Evil game in my mind). Missions can become extremely complex and I've been a situation on multiple times where I've tried to solo a mission but the lower level enemies still destroy me.

This is actually one of the things I love about the game, it forces you to work as a team, even if you have no idea who you're paired with for a mission. Sure, it might have the tactical mechanics as some games where each player constantly brings something unique to the team, but it does bring a big sense of teamwork, at least, in some missions.

The animations of the game in my mind are fairly smooth, and the graphics are certainly eye catching, I feel they could of taken advantage of the Next Gen capabilities but honestly, the game is pretty beautiful already, if not slightly vivid with it's colours.

Now comes one of the main things I need to complain about for the game, the resource known as Platinum. Platinum is the resource you can buy from the market place for various sums, the higher the sum, the more platinum you gain, simple. You can then use this platinum to purchase various weapons, gear, companions and other Warframes to play as... problem, all this is able to gained by playing the game. I will admit, I had no idea you could purchase blueprints or basically everything in the game with the normal in game currency, so I did sink a little of my own pocket into the game. Did I feel cheated... not in the least really, but it did annoy me when I discovered this fact.

In all honesty, I give Warframe a 6/10, it's a good game and is pretty fun but for me personally, it doesn't tick most of the boxes that will keep me playing it. Well guys, this has been OniOfTaint, this has been my Warframe (Xbox One Edition) review and I will bid you all, Sayonara.

(Hey! Just wanted to let you guys know I will be trying to cover all future media with this much detail, I know my reviews can be fairly vague and I am trying to correct that. Anyway, Sayonara.)

No comments:

Post a Comment