Translate

Saturday 20 September 2014

Minecraft (Xbox One Edition)

 As a fan of the game Minecraft and having played it on PC, Xbox 360 and One. I must admit, I am in love this the Xbox One edition.

The textures and mash-up files from the Xbox 360 version are all still there and I do believe there are plans for more textures and mash-ups, along with new skins as well. I will admit, I am a little disappointed that they didn't include mods in the 360 version. I say "didn't" because with the new version on the Xbox One, I doubt they will continue with the 360 version but I am not too sure.

However, with the recent purchase by Microsoft to buy Mojang and more importantly, the entire Minecraft franchise, I am curious to see how the series will continue to grow with Microsoft as the new owners. I do believe Notch ( Markus Perrson), is still involved with Minecraft and so he should be, it is his creation after all.

As for mods coming to console versions, I honestly am not too sure but I do believe they might be bringing some of the more popular mods to the console versions. These could include Tekkit and possibly Tale of Kingdoms. I would love the chance to rule my own kingdom in Minecraft.

They have also made it so the worlds are much, much larger now but there is still an option in the world creator to decide the size of the world you wish to play in, I am yet to explore how large the world is on the largest setting but from I've seen, it's pretty large.

One complaint I do have, is that I am finding NPC villages to be more fewer then in the 360 version, this is most likely due to me having the world on the largest setting but still.

I do not have any complaints to be honestly and as an avid lover of the Minecraft game I will say it is a solid purchase, not a must buy in my own opinion because it is still early in the Xbox One, but maybe after some more updates and possibly the inclusion of mods to the game, maybe then it will be a must buy.

Anyway, this has been OniOfTaint and this has been my review on the Minecraft Xbox One edition, goodnight all and Sayonara.

No comments:

Post a Comment