Translate

Monday 1 September 2014

Amnesia the Dark Descent

 We've all known about this game or at least, I hope you know about this game. It is one of the more iconic horror games of it's generation and while some people do believe Dark Descent has run it's course and while Machine or Pigs wasn't "exactly" what the fans of Dark Descent were looking for.

However, I will give my honest opinion on Amnesia Dark Descent, the game has impressive graphics and very good sound effects. The voice acting in my mind is also very well done. The story line as always is something I always enjoy reviewing, mainly because I love a game with a good story line and, Dark Descent delivers on a good story, you may not experience most of it within the game, most of it is told through recalled memories, notes and the different characters. This in my mind, is actually one of the better ways to deliver a story in a horror game, keep the player guessing and working it out on their own as they progress instead of making a big portion of the story a part of the story.

Also, the game delivers with two iconic monsters, the Water Monster who cannot be actually seen but seems to be the nightmare of all Dark Descent players however, I would honestly prefer the Water Monster to the Shadow for one key reason. You can stay on a box in the water and the monster won't be able to get you unless you fall in, the Shadow on the other hand, will hunt you without mercy and you aren't safe, the moment you start the game, the Shadow is after you.

If there was anything I would complain about... and there isn't much at all I will admit. I would say I would of liked to see more of the Water Monster and the Shadow. This is only my opinion and honestly, I think the game does a good job with the encounters of these entities already.

Anyway, this has been OniOfTaint, this has been my review of Amnesia the Dark Descent, I will do a review of Machine for Pigs as well.

Dark Descent Playthrough PewDiePie: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF616996C3E60974C

Dark Descent Playthrough Markiplier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKjgu2nHbe8&list=PL03B8E668281C46EF

No comments:

Post a Comment