Translate

Saturday 30 August 2014

Assassin's Creed Black Flag

 To those who are fans of the AC universe (myself included) there are many things that of set them at ends when Black Flag sit the shelves, one of the main reasons is the change in protagonist. As always, I will try not to not spoil the game in any way or too much, and what I mean by Protagonist is the "Real World" protagonist is different in Black Flag then in the other AC games.

Now, I feel as though they didn't take enough of advantage when it came to the Next Gen systems, they could of made the graphics a lot better and honestly, I upset by this but the game actually makes up for this.

The thing I don't think the game can make up for, is the very simple fighting mechanic, with the introduction of duel-wielding you would imagine there would be lots of great combos and possibly, a more intense fighting system. Honestly, I felt the fighting system let me down.

Now on to what I deem good about Black Flag. The story line for one, anyone who knows me knows I love a good story, a story that can grip you and keep you gripped. AC has always delivered in my mind good story lines for the characters, the most iconic being Ezio's seeing as it did span three games. Keeping with the story, the idea of being one of the Templars and never actually becoming an Assassin I thought was brilliant, an excellent idea and it really helped the game in my opinion.

Also, the way you traveled around the world, keeping with the pirate theme you actually sail around the map on your ship from island to island, plundering and pirating whatever you can, some people found this a little boring but to be honest, you cannot have a pirate game without some sailing.

Another thing you cannot have a pirate game without, at least, a history one. It is Blackbeard, yes, the legendary Blackbeard features in the game and you meeting before his rise to legend status, only making the interactions between him and Kennway even more compelling to the story.

The character's development as well in Kennway I find to be very realistic, he doesn't seem to go from being one side to being instantly changed in fact, that is part of the game, the entire game Kennway is fighting with himself, honestly, it made me more gripped with the story and the characters.

The twists and turns that are delivered within Black Flag are also very good and like the others, they seem to work with the story and they only serve to keep you more gripped and to make you keep playing.

Anyway guys, this has been OniOfTaint and this has been my Assassin's Creed Black Flag review, I'm going to try something a little different now.  I want the readers of my posts to give me suggestions on what game genre I should review next.

  1. NEW Silent Hill PT.
  2. NEW Destiny.
  3. Dead Rising 3
  4. Battlefield 4
  5. Civ 5
I want you to choose between these games which one I should review next, or, if you want me to do a TV show, Movie or an Anime let me know via a comment or a message, I don't either. My Email is SorrowBloodSeeker@outlook.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100006634429338
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SorrowBloodSeek
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0QDxo9FBrqii176HojDZOA

Sorry for the shameless advertising but I am trying to get my YouTube channel and this blog review to reach a wider audience so any help is greatly appreciated. Anyway, I'll stop rambling now, I'll bid you all sayonara.

No comments:

Post a Comment