Translate

Saturday 23 August 2014

Outlast Review

Released on the 5th of February for the E.U and 4th for North America in 2014, Outlast took a great deal of people by storm for a number of reasons. I am OniOfTaint, and I am going to give my honest and personal review of the game Outlast, based on own experience and observations, along with others.

First off, I would like to address that Outlast is in fact an indie game published by Red Barrels, from what I know and from what I have researched, Outlast is in fact their first game, I may be wrong so I urge anyone who is a fan of Outlast to search to see if there are any other titles linked to Red Barrels.

First things first, normally I would address problems I have seen within the game and to be honest, I have not seen many problems, not many glitches or bugs in fact, I am having trouble considering any that are actually worth mentioning within the actual full release. Because of this, I praise Red Barrels, certainly a job well done.

Now, to be frank, there are a great deal of things that Outlast does well and very well... actually, there is one small problem I would like to address and this is honestly just me nit-picking, Mt.Massive asylum is a very large facility and I would of liked a little more variety to the general inmates, there are a great deal of personality and diversity between the more important inmates. Chris Walker, Tragger to name two of the more, I do believe more memorable inmates, even though, Tragger isn't an inmate but I do not desire to spoil any of Outlast to those who haven't played it.

The story line, if anyone knows me in real life is extremely gripping and I love the inclusion of the camera. It is difficult to put into words how much of an impact that actually makes in the game, especially within the night vision areas which, is in my mind, a larger portion of the game.

And if you are like me, and you aren't really a horror gamer, I urge you to play Outlast because it certainly delivers on the horror promise of the game and the whole premise, the hiding as well only adds to the fear and the way Outlast grips you and never lets go, at least within my own opinion.

Anyway, as I said earlier, there isn't much I can put into words without this becoming less of a review and becoming more of an Outlast worshiping post, do not get me wrong, Outlast is an amazing game and I urge people to play it, even if it is your first horror game, play it.

This has been OniOfTaint, this has been the Outlast Review and I bid you all, sayonara.

Outlast Gameplay Markiplier: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3tRBEVW0hiCg3HxKK4WGQ-h4ejmjmYGb

Outlast Gameplay PewDiePie: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYH8WvNV1YElgJa3uulGCNSMoGtp-_i0G

No comments:

Post a Comment