Translate

Saturday 23 August 2014

Murdered Soul Suspect Review

 Released on June 6th for the E.U and 3rd for North America. The game takes place within the town of Salem, the home and inspiration for many other media, the Witch Hunts that occurred there during the Puritan-Era of Salem's history is certainly worth researching and I enjoyed the heavy influence and key role it plays within the game.

From what I have seen and experienced, there are several glitches and bugs within the game itself, some that should never be present within a full release of a game. The writing of the game in some areas is lacking and to be honest, not very good or gripping. A shame really, considering they chose a prime location for a spiritual and supernatural tale.

The game is also short for a full release, normally a game like this you would expect at least 7+ hours however, even after collecting most of the secondary items, there was little more than 7 hours actually played, so it is short for a full release.

Another problem I have seen, is the very fact there isn't any real stealth within the game that seemed to have focused quite heavily on it. Bare in mind, I'm not saying there isn't no essence of stealth within the game, there certainly is. The game just seems to be lacking on challenging stealth situations and the demons that prove to be a problem, aren't very bright, they are easily dealt with and do not seem to mind a meal running up behind them to exercise them.

Now onto the good things! As i mentioned, the game is based within Salem and as for the history and the culture areas of the game, they have perfectly grasped them within my own opinion. I do believe they missed out on the chance to really reach into the depths of what could of transpired and how it could of all worked with. I also, feel there was a lost chance for some truly dark story line involving the Protagonist's wife, I do not desire to spoil the game within this review so I am sorry for being a little sketchy.

Along with the grasp of history and culture, there is also some good twists and turns, I won't spoil anything, but even if the story line's writing isn't that impressive, the twists and turns are certainly worth trying to figure out for yourself.

On the whole, as an avid gamer of consoles and recently PC games. I would honestly give Murdered Soul Suspect a 6/10. Certainly a good try at possibly a less then attempted genre and, while there is certainly much to improve upon, I do believe Murdered Soul Suspect is a good game in my own opinion, if you do not desire to play the game, then I would urge you to at least, research the Salem Witch Trials, they are certainly worth reading up upon.

Anyway, this has been OniOfTaint, this has been my game review on Murdered Soul Suspect, I hope you all enjoy and sayonara.

Murdered Soul Suspect Plythrough Yogscast Kim: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlSBsxKnPs6SBkBOJC8xKpKfd5KkMZkg9

No comments:

Post a Comment