Translate

Wednesday 27 August 2014

Dante's Inferno

 I have seen many playthroughs of this game and I will admit, I do like it but there are several things inside this game that annoy me more than anything else. Like all games that use the mythological creatures of this world, I often look at how authentic the characters are represented in the game.

The main two for me are actually Death (The Grim Reaper) and Cerberus. Death for the most part in appearance is actually presented very well, he has more flesh than some of his other incarnations but not as much as the Darksider's Death.

On the subject, the actual authenticity in my mind is thrown out of the window after the appearance, his voice is certainly gripping and chilling but that is pretty much it. The fight is fairly simple and easy to predict and as for what happens, I must say I found it a little insulting that the embodiment of Death, the strongest of the four horsemen would result to groveling and begging. Not only that, you actually use his own scythe as your main weapon, I understand this would be considered "cool" but they, in my opinion, have completely disregarded the lore behind Death and his scythe.

I could continue on and on but honestly, I am doing a review not trying to bash this game, it is a good game, but certain aspects infuriate me.

Now onto the subject of Cerberus... I have no idea how I could possibly not be annoyed at this games incarnation of the iconic hound of the Underword.

The game's incarnation of the iconic creature is actually nothing more than a three headed worm, more like a hydra than the iconic hound we know from the Greek mythology. Like I said with Death, I could continue on but it wouldn't be much of a fair review so I'll move onto the good parts.

The game actually runs very smoothly and while the story line may be to some a little overused and possibly boring, the actual way it is portrayed in my mind is very well done.

Anyway guys, this has been OniOfTaint, this has been my Dante's Inferno Review and until next time, I'll bid you all, Sayonara.

Dante's Inferno Playthrough skorch82: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB0F08B487E3AF8D5

No comments:

Post a Comment